Sonoma Duck Breast with Garlic, Morels and Buerre Rouge
Serves 4 | Prep Time: 45 minutes | Cook Time: 1 hour
2 each shallots, minced
2 cups Pinot Noir
4 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon tarragon, chopped
2 each duck breasts, smoked
4 ounce morel mushrooms, cleaned
2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
4 ounce fingerling potatoes, blanched, quartered
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
- Over medium low heat, gently sweat shallots in 1 tablespoon butter until translucent. Add wine and reduce by 75%, slowly whisk in cold butter until emulsified. To finish, add chopped tarragon, season with salt and pepper.
- Over medium heat, sweat garlic in olive oil and butter for 2 minutes, until softened. Add morels and continue to cook until tender. Add potatoes and incorporate. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a sauté pan over low heat, slowly render the duck breasts, skin-side down until crispy and finish cooking in a 400˚ oven for 2-3 minutes or until medium rare. Allow meat to rest for 7-10 minutes before slicing.
- To serve, spoon beurre rouge in center of plate, top with morels and potatoes and place sliced duck breast on top.
- Enjoy with our 2015 WALT Shea Willamette Valley Pinot Noir.