Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OF ALCOHOL OR PURCHASE OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. MUST BE 21 OR OLDER TO ENTER. REFERENCES TO ANY THIRD-PARTY ENTITY ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY AN ENDORSEMENT OF THIS CONTEST OR ANY ENTITY AFFILIATED WITH SPONSOR(S).
1. SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: WALT x Cypress Grove Cheeseboard Challenge Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored and administered by Hall Wines, 401 St. Helena Hwy South, St. Helena, CA (the “Sponsor”). The information you provide will be used to contact you in case you win the Contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of forty-nine (49) United States (excluding Utah and Puerto Rico) and the District of Columbia (the “Territory”), who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry and who follow the subject matter guidelines included below (“Entrants”). Employees, shareholders, officers, directors, and agents of Sponsor, and any of its parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, advertising, and fulfillment and marketing agencies, (collectively, “Promotion Parties”) their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not) (collectively, “Relatives”) are not eligible to participate in the Contest. By participating in the Contest, you release, discharge and hold harmless Promotion Parties, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and the respective officers, directors, employees and agents of each of the foregoing, from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Promotion or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of any prize. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the judges and Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Alcohol beverage industry members, including retailers, and their Relatives, employees, shareholders, officers, directors, and agents are not eligible.
3. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins at 9:00 AM PT on May 20, 2022 and ends at 11:59 PM PT on May 31, 2022 (each a “Contest Period”). Contest is subject to these official rules.
4. SUBJECT MATTER: Create the cheeseboard of your dreams that pairs well with WALT Pinot Noir. Be creative.
5. HOW TO ENTER: Post on the Main Feed of your Instagram. Tag @waltwines and @cypressgrovers, and use the hashtag, #pinotlovescheese to submit your photo entry. No purchase of Sponsor’s goods or purchase of any kind is necessary to enter or win, nor does a purchase increase the chances of winning.
To enter the Contest, follow these steps:
- Develop your cheeseboard, inspired by WALT Wines and Cypress Grove Cheese.
- Capture creative image of cheeseboard.
- Post on Instagram, Main Feed using the contest hashtag, #pinotlovescheese to enter.
- Instagram page must be public to enter.
Limit one (1) entry per person per day during the Contest Period (“Entry”). For the purposes of this Contest, a “day” is defined as beginning at 12:00 AM PT and ending at 11:59 PM PT, with the exception of the first day, which will begin at 9:00 AM PT and end at 11:59 PM PT. Multiple entries in excess of this limitation or mass entry attempts may result in disqualification of all entries by such person at Sponsor’s discretion. Entries must be entered directly by the entrant; use of automated entry devices or programs, or entries by third parties, are prohibited. Duplicate or incomplete entries will be disqualified.
6. JUDGING AND SELECTION: The judging takes place May 31, 2022 and will be conducted by WALT Wines. Entries will be judged, and the top ten selected contestants will be selected on a 100-point scale using the criteria listed below. The Contestant with the highest amount of points will be the winner of the WALT Wines x Cypress Grove Cheese Board Challenge Contest and will be contacted by Sponsor on Instagram as a Direct Message. The winner should respond (as directed) within one (1) day to Direct Message from Sponsor with an email address for Sponsor to send Release to. The Sponsor will send the winner an email with their affidavit of eligibility and release of publicity and liability (“Release”). The winner should sign and return affidavit of eligibility and release of publicity and liability to Sponsor. The winner will be announced on June 1, 2022.
- Creativity (33 points)
- Diversity of Ingredients (33 points)
- Visual Appeal (34 points)
In the event that no Entries receive a minimum score of 85 points, no prize will be awarded. In the event of a tie, the tying Finalists will be rescored to determine first place, second place, and third place winners (“Winners”). The failure to respond (as directed) within one (1) day to the notification of selection with the Release may result in Sponsor choosing the next highest scoring Entry from among the remaining eligible Entries. Return of notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate selection, time permitting.
In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any entrant of an Entry, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting account. Sponsor is not responsible for notifications that are misdirected because of email addresses that are no longer correct, or for any other reason beyond the exclusive control of the Sponsor.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The selected Winner will be contacted by the Sponsor on Instagram Direct Message and the Winner will be announced on the Sponsor’s Instagram and Facebook story.
8. PRIZE: The Winner will be selected immediately upon conclusion of judging and will receive the following prizes (“Prizes”):
- One $500 VISA Gift Card, provided by the Sponsorints)
- One year supply of Cypress Grove cheese – 4 shipments (Spring, Fall, Winter, and New Year) $500 Value
Prizes consist only of those items expressly specified in these Official Rules. All expenses and costs associated with the acceptance or use of each Prize are the responsibility of the Winner.
Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable, non-negotiable for cash and may not be resold. No substitution of any Prize or any component thereof is permitted, except in the discretion of Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a Prize or Prize component of equal or greater value. Prizes will be awarded if properly claimed. Prizes are awarded "as is" and without any warranty, except as required by law.
10. GENERAL RULES/CONDITIONS: Contest is subject to these Official Rules. By submitting an entry to this Contest, Entrants hereby acknowledge that any submission is an original work of authorship by the Entrant, was not copied out of or derived from a third-party materials, was not previously published, and do not violate the copyright rights of any third party.
Entrant acknowledges Sponsor has rights to promote entry on social media. By submitting entry, Entrant warrants that Entry:
• is not sexually explicit, unnecessarily violent or derogatory
• does not promote drugs, tobacco or firearms
• does not contain images of children or items especially appealing to children
• does not contain visibly recognizable trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by anyone other than Entrant or Sponsor
• does not contain copyrighted material owned by anyone other than Entrant
• does not use the name or likeness of persons living or dead without permission
• does not communicate a message inconsistent with the positive goodwill of Sponsor
• does not depict any violation of law
By participating, Entrants agree: (i) to be bound by these complete Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which shall be final and binding; (ii) to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules, except where prohibited by law; and (iii) agree to release Sponsor, including its parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities together with the respective directors, employees, officers, licensees, licensors and agents, and respective advertising and promotion entities and any person or entity associated with the production, judging, or administration of the Contest, (collectively, the “Releases”) from any and all liability, loss or damage arising from or in connection with Entry. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest, in its sole discretion, should it receive fewer than 10 entries, or receive no entries that have a judged score above 85 points, or due to circumstances beyond its control, including natural disasters, pandemic, or cancellation of events. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, cancel, modify or suspend the Contest should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Contest.
Entrants to the Contest will be enrolled in the Sponsor’s opt-in mailing list.
Entrant acknowledges Sponsor has unlimited perpetual rights to all Entries. Entrant agrees that sponsor may use any materials submitted on a nonconfidential basis. Sponsor has no obligation to post or publicize any entry. Entrant warrants that photograph is original, has not won previous awards, and does not infringe on the right of privacy of any individual. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines such Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, plagiarizing, engaging in any deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, undermine or harass any other players or Sponsor representatives.
11. PUBLICITY: Sponsor reserves the right to use all Entries to the Contest for publicity purposes prior to or after the Contest end date, in any media, and to use the name, likeness, hometown name, of any Entrant, including all or part of their submission, in whole or in part, for publicity purposes throughout the world, without any compensation or prior review unless specifically prohibited by law. Selected Contestants will be required, as a condition of accepting a prize, to sign a declaration of eligibility, liability, and publicity release, allowing Sponsor to use the name, likeness, hometown name, submission, and winning testimonial and/or prize information of Selected Contestants as part of that publicity throughout the world, without any compensation or prior review unless specifically prohibited by law.
This Contest is void outside the Territory and where prohibited or restricted by law, and subject to applicable federal, state provincial and local laws. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or violating these Official Rules.
12. DISPUTES: Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Entrants agree that: (1) Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action brought by him/her arising out of or connected with this Contest or a prize awarded (collectively, “Dispute”) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) Any and all Disputes shall be settled in an amicable discussion between the Entrant and Sponsor. If any Dispute cannot be resolved in such manner, before resorting to any other legal remedy, entrant and Sponsor shall be determined solely by arbitration in San Francisco, California before one JAMS arbitrator agreed upon by the parties. The arbitration shall be administered by JAMS pursuant to its Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures. Judgment on the Award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. This clause shall not preclude parties from seeking provisional remedies in aid of arbitration from a court of appropriate jurisdiction; (3) Any and all claims, judgments, and awards to Entrant shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; (4) Under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
13. OFFICIAL RULES: For a copy of these Official Rules or winners list, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Request must be received by December 31, 2022. Copyright © 2022, Hall Wines, Napa, CA. All rights reserved.