Lamb Sliders with Goat Cheese, Dried Tomato, Mint and Cilantro Pesto
Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes
1 pound ground lamb
1 pound plum tomatoes, blanched, peeled, cored and halved
4 ounces fresh goat cheese
1/2 cup mint leaves
1/2 cup cilantro leaves
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
2 tablespoons toasted almonds
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F. Lightly coat tomato halves in 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt. Place on a cookie sheet and slowly roast in oven until tomatoes are dried, approximately 90 minutes.
- In a food processor, blend cilantro, mint, almonds, garlic and remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill over high heat. Form lamb into 8 patties, season with salt and pepper and grill patties for 2 minutes per side or until medium rare.
- Place patties on slider roll and garnish with, goat cheese, pesto and dried tomato.
- Enjoy with 2013 WALT "Clos Pepe" Sta. Rita Hills Pinot Noir