Citrus Cured Salmon, Brioche, Horseradish and Nori
Serves: 6-8 | Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes
1 pound wild salmon
1/2 cup salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 bunch fresh thyme
zest and juice of 2 oranges
zest of 2 lemons
zest of 2 limes
Brioche, sliced, toasted
2 tablespoons horseradish
1/4 cup greek yogurt
1 tablespoon nori powder
2 tablespoons chives
- Combine salt, sugar, fresh thyme, citrus zest and orange juice. Spread evenly over the flesh of the salmon. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap, then foil and refrigerate for at least 24 hours and up to 36 hours. Rinse salmon thoroughly to remove excess salt and sugar. Set aside.
- To make nori powder, slightly toast 4 sheets of nori over an open flame or in a 300 degree F oven for 5 minutes and puree in a food processor or blender.
- Combine, horseradish with yogurt and nori powder. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside for 4 hours at the least.
- To serve: thinly slice salmon against the grain, and place on top of toast. Top salmon with horseradish yogurt. Garnish with sliced chives.
- Enjoy with our 2014 WALT "Sangiacomo Vineyard" Sonoma County Chardonnay